Way back when, I discovered that when I deleted media off my old Ancestry.com tree, little bits of data remain in the code of my gedcom. No big deal. I just have to delete these tags from the notes function on every upload. Then I got ‘smart’. I learned how to edit these annoyances directly out of my gedcom so I’ll never have to fool with them again.

I won’t bore you with the technical details but suffice it to say that upon uploading my new masterpiece of¬†time-saving efficiency, I’ve discovered a problem: media links. I’ve managed to foul up the links to media which only seem to be impacting the McDonnell side of the tree.

Back to the drawing board. I’ll have these back up and running on Friday.

Until then, Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Rorey Cathcart
Copyright 22 November 2012